by Christi Rutledge
We’re excited to announce a new ticketing feature on our Facebook page! Booking your seats has never been so social. Make your Festival visit a Facebook event, see where your friends are sitting in the theatre, book single tickets or arrange a group trip, all from the comfort of home – and without having to collect the money for the tickets.
Here are some key features that you’ll be able to take advantage of when using the Festival’s new Facebook Social Ticketing application!
- Book single tickets without ever navigating away from Facebook;
- Organize a Facebook event that’s visible to private or public groups;
- Propose multiple shows and dates and get feedback on your event page before making a final decision;
- See where your Facebook friends are sitting in the theatre and join them… or don’t! 😉
- Create a private account so that only you can see where you’re sitting, or create one that allows your Facebook friends to see you.
Here are some benefits of using Stratford Social Ticketing:
- If you’re creating an event for a group, everyone can book individually, so no one has the responsibility of collecting money!
- It’s safe! We use the same security measures on our Facebook page that we do on our website.
Here’s how to get started. (Steps 1-3 are only necessary the first time you use Stratford Social Ticketing!)
1. Sign into your Facebook account, visit the Festival’s Facebook page and click on “BUY TICKETS” to access Stratford Social Ticketing.
2. Once you’ve selected our app, you’ll get to choose who you want to share your Festival-going information with from the drop-down menu (as pictured below). After you’ve done that, click “Go to App.”
3. Select your permissions and click “Allow.”
4. Now you’re ready to buy tickets! If you’re booking just for yourself, simply click “Buy Tickets” under the production that you’d like to see. But the really exciting thing about this app is that it allows you to create events for you and your friends – so let’s see how that’s done!
To create an event, select “Create Event” under the production you’d like to book with a group of your friends, co-workers, students, family… etc. (You get the picture!)
5. I’ve selected Cymbeline because I am in love with this show! Once you’re on the individual production page you’ll be able to select dates from the calendar that will appear in your “Suggested Show Times.” Then you’ll be ready to invite friends!
*PLEASE NOTE- only one show time will be allowed to be suggested moving forward.
5. You can type a personal message in the “Add more info to message” box, and from there you can either select friends from your personal list or make the event public by selecting “Anyone can view or RSVP (public event).” To select a friend, simply click on their picture so that it’s highlighted. Then you’re ready to click “Create Event.”
6. You’ll be redirected to the Stratford Social Ticketing homepage, where you’ll see your event under “Upcoming Events.” Click “Event Wall” to view the details and chat with your friends about your trip – or click “Finalize Event” if you’ve gotten everyone’s feedback or if you’ve already decided on a date. If you need to, you can delete your event by selecting – you guessed it! – “Delete Event.”
7. Your event wall will look exactly like any other event created in Facebook. You can add a picture, like I did, and discuss dates, times, restaurants, life, love… whatever!
8. Once you’ve settled on a date with your friends, you’ll be able to confirm the date either through the link provided on the page or on the Stratford Social Ticketing homepage. Only group organizers can finalize the date! Select your preference from “Your Original Choices” and it will appear in the box labelled “Your Selected Date and Time.” You can then click “Finalize Event.” If your final date isn’t one of your original choices, simply select “Choose a different date/time” from the bottom left corner and you’ll be able to pick another performance.
9. From there you’ll be redirected to the Stratford Social Ticketing homepage. You can either purchase tickets there by selecting “Purchase Tickets!” under your “Upcoming Events,” or you can order through your event wall. There will be a link there that your friends can click to book their seats, too!
10. The rest of the process is exactly like purchasing tickets through our website, with one really cool exception – you’ll be able to see where your friends are sitting in the theatre once they’ve purchased their tickets! Their Facebook profile picture will appear over their seat, so you can choose to sit beside them. (If you’ve set your account to “Me,” your picture will never be displayed to others.)
After you’ve selected your seats and are ready to check out, we’ll prompt you to sign into your Stratford Shakespeare Festival account. If it’s under the same e-mail address as your Facebook account, you can simply click “Continue,” as long as the right account number appears on the screen for you (take a moment to check!). If you’re a first-time user, you’ll need to set up an account before you complete your transaction.
Follow the prompts and complete your checkout, and you’re all set to come to the Festival!
We’re thrilled to be sharing this new app with you! And here’s a treat – get $20 tickets to The Matchmakeron June 9, 15 or 17, 2012,* when you purchase them using Stratford Social Ticketing! On the “Select Your Own Seat” page, enter promotion code 44146 in the box labelled “Have a promo code?” (shown below) and then click “Go”. You’ll be able to select the price type from the drop-down menu.
Take advantage of this cool social ticketing feature and let us know about your experience using our app! If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
*This promotion is only available through the Stratford Social Ticketing application on our Facebook page. Tickets are non-refundable, not available with any other promotion and are subject to applicable taxes and handling fees. Tickets are only available in A, B and C seating zones. Promotion expires on June 17, 2012.