October 29, 2012… The Stratford Festival is delighted to be offering twice-daily private bus service between Toronto and Stratford for the 2013 season. At just $10 each way, it’s about the price of a taxi in Toronto.
“We want to make it as easy and affordable as possible for people to get to Stratford,” says Executive Director designate Anita Gaffney. “We’ve seen a growing demand for transportation from Toronto, especially as train and bus service has declined over the past two decades, so we’ve decided to step in to fill the gap.”
Called Stratford Direct – an expansion of the Saturday bus service launched in 1999 – the new service offers many improvements:
- Buses will depart from Toronto’s InterContinental Toronto Centre hotel, at the corner of Front and Simcoe streets, with easy access to Union Station.
- Service will be direct from Toronto to Stratford, with no stops.
- Service is available for both matinée and evening performances.
- People are encouraged to incorporate overnight stays or can conveniently return the same afternoon or evening.
- Bus reservations, tickets and overnight accommodation can all be booked together through the Festival’s box office or website.
From May 27 to September 29, on performance days only, buses will leave Toronto at 10 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. and depart Stratford at 5 p.m. and 11 p.m.
From May 1 to 25 and October 1 to 20, there will be one return trip daily, on performance days only, with buses leaving Toronto at 10 a.m. and departing Stratford at 5 p.m.
Seats can be reserved through the box office at 1.800.567.1600 or online at www.stratfordfestival.ca/stratforddirect.
Some rare exceptions to the twice-daily service do apply on occasions when just one performance is running: if there is only a matinée, the afternoon bus will run; if there is only an evening show, the evening bus will run. Details are available through the box office and are noted on the performance calendar.
Stratford Direct is generously sponsored by The Peter Cundill Foundation.
The box office for the 2013 season opens to Members on November 11 and to the general public on January 5.