By: Christi Rutledge
Spring is beautiful wherever you are, but it’s particularly stunning here in Stratford. So what better way to spend a spring afternoon, evening or weekend than to come for a visit! Here are a few reasons why we think you’ll love our town at this time of year.
- Our Easter egg hunt! On April 7, we’ll be giving away 50 pairs of tickets to see our 2012 production of You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown. Bring your friends and family and search Stratford for one of the eggs hidden by our Easter Beagle. For more details, click here!
- Cozyn’s Garden Gallery is hosting a special class to help visitors create Easter-themed indoor planters with mixed live and artificial plants.
- Create your own herb box at Anything Grows. Take home a long-lasting collection of herbs to use all year round!
- The swans are back in the river! Take a guided swan tour. We promise that the birds will be beautiful, but we can’t promise that they’ll be nice! 😉
Other springtime activities!
- For the sixtieth season, the Festival will open its doors to the public – be among the first to see some of the shows on this celebratory playbill, including three world premieres: The Best Brothers, Wanderlust and Hirsch!
- Enjoy the lowest in-season ticket prices. When you come to see a spring performance you save up to $30 on the regular price of summer seats! Not only can you say that you saw a production first, you also know you that you got an amazing deal.
- Spring will be in full bloom after a damp and drizzly winter! Enjoy a walk through the beautiful gardens around town and at the Festival Theatre.
- Our delicious slow food market is on! If you’re coming for the weekend, be sure to visit the market on Sunday mornings and take local flavours to take home with you!
- There are new menus for many of our restaurants, along with a couple of new places to look out for downtown!
- The Festival Exhibition will be opening! Kick-off your season by taking a tour of this brand new space created by our Archives Department. Step back in time and see what the backstage of the original tent looked like, as well as special props, costumes, set pieces, photos and more from our sixty-year history. This should be fabulous!
- Inspired by our Chocolate Trail, Stratfordwill be introducing “The Bacon and Ale Trail” this June! Taste some of the best pork in the region, accompanied by Stratford Brewing Company beer. Could you ask for a better pairing? To participate, please contact Danielle Brodhagen at email@example.com.
- For a full list of activities happening around Stratfordthis spring, visit the Stratford Tourism Alliance website.
New life, new productions, new restaurants, new menus, new Festival activities and a ton of local events – what more could you ask for?!
Share your favourite springtime activity with us!