A star-studded cast has been assembled for Spotlight on Goderich: A Variety Show at the Huron Country Playhouse in Grand Bend on Sunday, November 20, at 3 p.m.
Leading performers in Canada’s professional theatre community will be coming together in a spectacular afternoon of singing, dancing, and comedy. Confirmed artists include:
• Louise Pitre, international star of Mamma Mia
• David Rogers, Raoul and Phantom in Toronto’s Phantom of the Opera / Starbright
• Rod Beattie, star of popular Wingfield series / 15 seasons with Stratford Festival
• Jayme Armstrong, Guenevere in the international tour of Camelot / Drayton
• Theodore Baerg, acclaimed operatic baritone / Starbright
• Matthew Campbell, Theatre Aquarius / Charlottetown Festival’s Anne of Green Gables
• Michael Clarke, Tommy / The Lion King / Theatre Aquarius / Drayton
• Karen Coughlin, Belle in Beauty and the Beast (Drayton, Aquarius, The Grand)
• Marion Day, Blyth Festival veteran
• Austin Di Iulio, So You Think You Can Dance Canada / Drayton
• Gabi Epstein, Dora nominee / Talk Is Free Theatre / Drayton
• The Mantini Sisters, award-winning trio
• Joe Matheson, star of Dancap’s Jersey Boys
• Jacques Monfiston, Stratford / Drayton
• Kimberly O’Neill, So You Think You Can Dance Canada / Drayton
• Stephen Patterson, Marius in Broadway’s Les Misérables / Stratford / Drayton
• Andrew Pogson, also known as Freddy Fusion of the Science Magic Show
• Leisa Way, star of Patsy Cline and Dolly Parton tributes / Theatre Orangeville
Renowned humorist Neil Aitchison will act as Master of Ceremonies.
Bob Foster (Mirvish Productions’ Dirty Dancing, Rock of Ages / Drayton Entertainment’s Legends series), will act as Music Director.
To watch former Perth County MPP John Wilkinson and Drayton Entertainment’s artistic director Alex Mustakas discuss the fundraiser click on the following link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi3gsAM1yOQ
Spotlight on Goderich represents a united effort by the artistic leaders from Ontario’s premiere performing arts organizations, including the Stratford Shakespeare Festival, Shaw Festival, Drayton Entertainment, Bluewater Summer Playhouse, Blyth Festival, The Grand Theatre, Lighthouse Festival Theatre, Port Stanley Festival Theatre, Starbright Christmas, Theatre Aquarius, Victoria Playhouse Petrolia, Theatre Orangeville and others.
Admission for this star-studded benefit performance is $50, and includes a $25 tax receipt. Tickets can be purchased exclusively through the Drayton Entertainment Box Office at (519) 238-6000 or toll free at 1-855-372-9866.
All event proceeds will be designated to the United Way Perth-Huron for tornado relief efforts in Goderich and area.