Would you like to play a meaningful role with North America’s leading classical repertory theatre? At the Stratford Shakespeare Festival, we attract the world’s finest talent, offering a unique experience for staff, artists, and actors alike. If you would like to be a part of this exciting organization, we are looking for a candidate to fill the role of…
Reporting jointly to the General Director and Artistic Director, this position will oversee the producing of all aspects of the Festival’s annual playbill. As a senior member of the Directors Office management team, the Producer will be responsible to:
- Oversee the contracting of all artistic personnel, including Directors, Actors, Coaching staff, and New play development commissions
- Act as the primary management liaison with Canadian Actors’ Equity Association and the American Federation of Musicians, including the negotiation and administration of the collective agreements
- Set and monitor the budget for all creative departments including appropriate forecasting, maximizing efficiencies and controlling costs
- Manage all Directors’ Office producing and support staff
- In season, manage the artistic company and develop related policies and procedures
- Coordinate the execution of special projects for the Festival, including electronic versioning, tours, transfers, and other outreach activities
The successful candidate will be a seasoned artistic administrator with a background in contract and collective agreement negotiation. Experience in a repertory theatre is considered a strong asset. You must have a demonstrated commitment to excellence, be detail-oriented, and able to multi-task. Strong negotiation skills are essential.
This is a full time position and is located in Stratford, ON.
We recognize that diversity – in our workplace, in our audiences and on our stages – fosters a rich and creative environment. We are actively engaged in building a more diverse workplace and encourage all qualified applicants to apply by October 11, 2011 to:
(please indicate Producer in the subject line)
While all responses are appreciated and will be kept in strictest confidence, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.