Would you like to play a meaningful role with North America’s leading classical repertory theatre? At the Stratford Shakespeare Festival, we attract the world’s finest talent, offering a unique experience for staff, artists, and actors alike. If you would like to be a part of this exciting organization, we are looking for a candidate to fill the role of…
Reporting to the Producer, you will be a key member of the Directors’ office management team. You will have overall responsibility for ensuring that the acting company and other creative staff are supported while working for the Stratford Festival. Duties will include:
• managing medical appointments and insurance applications
• liaising with other departments to coordinate actor appearances at events
• arranging travel details
• preparing immigration documents for contracted non-residents
• liaising with CAEA in matters of membership and insurance
• arranging ticketing requests for company members and agents
• hiring and supervising seasonal Child Minders
• supporting any touring activities, including immigration documents, travel and accommodation
• various additional administrative duties relating to the acting company
The successful candidate will have a passion for the theatre, combined with the ability to multi-task and stay calm under pressure. You must have a demonstrated commitment to excellence in your work with strong verbal and written communication skills. Detail orientation, coordination, and negotiation skills are essential. A strong understanding of immigration documents as they relate to work permits and transfers of productions would be considered an asset..
This is a full time position beginning mid-October and is located in Stratford. Hours will vary depending on the time of the season, but will mirror the schedule of the acting company and therefore will include evening and weekend work, and being on-call.
We recognize that diversity- in our workplace, in our audiences and on our stages- fosters a rich and creative environment. We are actively engaged in building a more diverse workplace and encourage all qualified applicants to apply by September 19, 2011 to;
Human Resources, 55 Queen Street, Stratford, Ontario, N5A 6V2 • Fax: 519.271.0626 email@example.com (please enter position title into subject line)
While all responses are appreciated and will be kept in strictest confidence, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.