Would you like to play a meaningful role with North America’s leading classical repertory theatre? At the Stratford Shakespeare Festival, we attract the world’s finest talent, offering a unique experience for staff, artists, and actors alike. If you would like to be a part of this exciting organization, we are looking for someone to fill the role of…
Student Gardener-Facilities department
Student Gardener’s will work under the direction of the Festival Gardening Staff. You will share in the responsibilities for maintaining the Festivals gardens, grounds and properties. The grounds consist of extensive perennial beds, annuals, rose and carpet beds and the lawns that surround the all the Festival Theatre buildings.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Perform general grounds and plant maintenance to include: grass cutting, raking, edging, weeding, trimming, watering and care for the lawns, gardens and hanging plants
• Clean up and removal of trash, leaves and debris from the grounds
• Power washing the sidewalks and parking surfaces
• Painting of exterior fixtures, handrails, etc
• Assistance with the development of new flower beds
• Perform physical labour
• You are required to be registered to begin post secondary education in January 2012.
You must be able to work flexible hours including days, weekends and holidays. Past experience operating powered equipment such as leaf blowers, grass trimmers and lawn mowers
with an interest in gardening and ground care are preferred. Excellent verbal communication skills are expected as interaction with the public will be required.
You will be expected to begin immediately and conclude October 31, 2011.
We recognize that diversity- in our workplace, in our audiences and on our stages- fosters a rich and creative environment. We are actively engaged in building a more diverse workplace and encourage all qualified applicants to apply by September 5th, 2011 to;
Human Resources, 55 Queen Street, Stratford, Ontario, N5A 6V2 • Fax: 519.271.0626 firstname.lastname@example.org (please enter position title into subject line)
While all responses are appreciated and will be kept in strictest confidence, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.