Would you like to play a meaningful role with North America’s leading classical repertory theatre? At the Stratford Shakespeare Festival, we attract the world’s finest talent, offering a unique experience for staff, artists, and actors alike. If you would like to be a part of this exciting organization, we are looking for someone to fill the role of…
Assistant Lighting Designer
Reporting to the Technical Director, the ALD assists the Lighting Designer and Head Electrician in the creation of the lighting and special effects used to illuminate live stage performances. Duties include but are not limited to:
1. Assist the Lighting Designer and Head Electrician during the creation of the lighting design.
2. Prepare floor plans, cue sheets, tracking sheets, plots and other forms for the documentation of the lighting design. Spot tracking for the musical.
3. Draft and up-date the lighting plot.
4. Aid in the supervision of the actual hanging and rigging of the lighting equipment.
5. Prepare and up-date the dimmer layouts, patch sheets, circuit lists.
6. Prepare an accurate sketch of all lamps as focused.
7. Maintain tracking information, cue sheets, and patch sheets during lighting sessions.
Successful candidates will be self-motivated, independent workers who are able to multi task. ALD’s may be asked to work several productions concurrently during the Stratford repertory season. Knowledge of Word, Excel and Autocad/Vectorworks and Lightwright are required. ALD contracts will range from 2 to 7 months, depending upon which theatre the ALD supports.
We recognize that diversity in our workplace, in our audiences and on our stages, fosters a rich and creative environment. We are actively engaged in building a more diverse workforce and encourage all qualified applicants to apply by
September 20, 2011 to:
Human Resources, 55 Queen Street, Stratford, Ontario, N5A 6V2 • Fax: 519.271.0626 email@example.com (please enter position title into subject line)
While all responses are appreciated and will be kept in strictest confidence, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.